I just noticed that my last blog post was on September 29th. Not too terribly long ago but in the blogosphere that could be a lifetime. With that in mind, I decided to compile a list of the top 26 & 1/2 things I’ve learned since my last post.
1. Picture books are dead.
2. Picture books are not dead, they are just dying.
3. Picture books are not dying it’s just that some parents want their kids to read “War and Peace” before they turn 5.
4. The New York Times is dead.
5. Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead. (for you classic Saturday Night Live fans.)
6. Twitter is still very much alive.
7. MySpace has a pulse.
8. Facebook is great until they add something new and mess it up again.
9. People who are famous never follow you back on twitter.
10. People who THINK they are famous never follow you back on twitter.
11. Twitter has the same addictive ingredient that’s in KFC chicken.
12. I really want to see the movie “Catfish.”
13. My 15 yr old stepson still eats “chicken” nuggets even with that disgusting Pink goo video going viral of what processed chicken parts look like as they are being processed.
14. I will still eat one or two “chicken” nuggets if I’m hungry enough and they happen to be laying out on the kitchen counter while my 15 yr old stepson has his back turned, even with that disgusting Pink goo video going viral of what processed chicken parts look like as they are being processed. (INHALE)
15. People hate people who ban books and some people think people who hate people who ban books are going a little over the top. (Or something like that.)
16. Scroggins did not play with Messina.
17. My cat Chelsea hates my dog Ashok with a passion.
18. Ashok is very afraid of Chelsea.
19. Ashok is 95 pounds, Chelsea is not.
20. Five Guys Burgers and Fries have the best Cheeseburgers on the planet!
21. Number 20 should have been number 1, but I didn’t want all my friends to think that discovering a great cheeseburger was the most important thing I’ve learned since my last post, even though it was.
22. Christine O’Donnell is NOT a witch.
23. Having princesses laid out cold on all four corners of the stage during a Disney on Ice show is not the best thing for an almost 3-year-old. My daughter: “Is Snow White dead?”
24. Twelve dollar lemonades sold at Disney On Ice shows should be illegal under the laws of the Geneva convention.
25. The I-phone is finally coming to Verizon. (I think) (maybe) (probably)
26. I still, don’t really, know, where,
26 & 1/2. comma’s, go.